Saturday, October 10, 2009

Early Snow

Snow has already arrived in Minnesota! Flurries this morning swept through the region and left behind a light blanket of white snow. I woke up this morning confused by the snow and wondered whether it was October or December! It has melted by this afternoon already, but I had little fun with the moist snow. My friend and I threw some snowballs at each other before it melted and took advantage of the early snow. I personally am not a big fan of winter mostly because it is cold. Snow however is an exception to the parts of winter that I dislike. I enjoy it because it brings the right conditions for skiing and I like the snowball fights it brings. I find it strange that it snowed 20 days before Halloween. Last year, it did not even get below freezing until November or so. Well, this means that the leaves will now come down rapidly and that Fall was short-lived this year.

No comments: